Chocolate Amaretto Snowballs
Submitted by: Nancy H. Peterson, Corn Belt Energy Corporation
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3-4 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Finely chopped blanched almonds
- In heavy saucepan or double boiler on low heat, melt chocolate morsels with sweetened condensed milk. When completely blended, remove from heat and stir in Amaretto and extract. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours. Shape into 3/4-inch balls and roll in chopped almonds. Place each snowball in miniature cupcake paper and store in refrigerator until ready to serve. The flavor of this candy improves after 24 hours.
When I place the Amaretto Snowballs on trays or in boxes mixed with other Christmas candy and cookies, my family and friends always ask which one is the candy with the Amaretto in it. It is an easy recipe to mix up and is fun to make with a friend. I have been making this candy for over 40 years.