Oat Muffins (diabetic friendly)
Submitted by: Donald Brand, Egyptian Electric Cooperative Association
- 2 cups rolled oats blended to flour consistency
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon optional, add dash of cloves and nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar free syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 F. In large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In small bowl, combine liquid ingredients and add to dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Stir in raisins and pecans. Divide mix among 12 paper lined muffin cups and bake approximately 17 minutes.
Nutrition information: 177 calories; 8.4g fat; 124mg sodium; 23.1g carbohydrates; 3g protein.