Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Submitted by: Sarah Cannon, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas about 3 large
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup 6 ounces semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, banana and vanilla. Combine flours and baking soda and add to creamed mixture, just until combined. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutrition information: 134 calories; 6.9g fat; 197mg sodium; 18.4g carbohydrates; 1.6g protein.