Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake
Submitted by Nancy Elaine Lange, EnerStar Electric Cooperative
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups bran flakes cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a Bundt pan with butter and flour.
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in bran flakes, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until done.
- Cool completely and remove from pan.
- Drizzle with a thin powdered sugar and milk mixture.
Nutrition information: 550 calories; 30.3g fat; 264mg salt; 65.8g carbohydrates; 8.4g protein.