Sour Cream Blueberry Cake
Janice Huelsmann, Clinton County Electric Cooperative
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2/3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, vanilla, sour cream, salt and baking powder, and mix for an additional minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with baking spray. Spread the cake batter in the pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then invert it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, whisk together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk in a medium bowl. Add an additional tablespoon of milk for a thinner icing. Drizzle the icing on the cake when cooled.
Nutrition information: 423 calories; 21.3g fat; 119mg salt; 56.9g carbohydrates; 3.5g protein.