Pol’s Apple Cake
Submitted by Rosemary Wiley, Southern Illinois Electric Cooperative
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 medium apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup coconut shredded
- 1 cup nuts chopped
- 4 tablespoons margarine softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a Bundt pan. Mix eggs, oil and sugar until creamy. Add flour a little at a time. Mix well. The batter will be stiff. Fold in apples, coconut and nuts. Pour into Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes and remove from pan onto cooling rack.
- Mix icing ingredients together and pour over the warm cake.
If you don’t have self-rising flour, sift together 1 1/2 teaspoons baking power and 1/4 teaspoon salt to every cup of all-purpose flour. Nutrition information: 685 calories; 45.3g fat; 66mg salt; 68.6g carbohydrates; 6.9g protein.