Holiday Cookie Contest Winners
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Servings 3 dozen
- 1-3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 c. shortening or margarine
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 c. Cocoa
- 1/4 c. milk
- 20 lg. marshmallows cut in half
- 1/2 c. pecan halves
- 1/4 c. margarine softened
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 T. Cocoa
- 1-1/2 T. milk or enough for smooth consistency
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda and cocoa.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla and milk, beating well.
- Add dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto well-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes – do not overbake.
- Remove from oven and place one half marshmallow cut side down on top of each cookie.
- Return to oven for 2 minutes. Cool.
- Combine frosting ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Ice cookies and place a pecan half on each. Makes 3 dozen.