Holiday Cookie Contest Winners
White Velvet Cookies
Servings 4 dozen
- 1 c. butter softened
- 3 oz. Cream cheese room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 t. almond extract
- 2-1/2 c. flour
- Sprinkles if desired
- Glaze or frosting of your choice
- Cream butter and cream cheese.
- Add sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add egg yolk and almond extract. Mix well.
- Stir in flour gently, don’t over mix or cookies will be tough.
- Shape dough into disk, dough will be sticky. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out dough onto lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Add sprinkles if desired.
- Bake 10-12 min. and let cool 5 min. on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Decorate with glaze or icing of your choice.