Holiday Cookie Contest Winners
Servings 5 dozen
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2 c. Sifted flour
- 1 egg yolk slightly beaten
- 1/4 c. cream or milk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/8 t. Cinnamon
- 1/2 c. Walnuts chopped
- Cut butter into flour as for pie crust.
- Combine egg yolk and cream. Add to flour. Mix until well blended.
- Form into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Divide dough into four portions. Roll each portion into a circle about 12 inches in diameter.
- Cut each circle into 16 wedges.
- Put filling on top and roll up starting from the outside rolling toward the center.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 20 minutes or until delicately browned.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar while warm.