– Mary Zitek, Safety/Education Services Coordinator
- 1 c. butter
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1-1/2 c. flour
- 1 c. milk
- 4 T. flour
- 1 c. Crisco
- 1/2 c. margarine
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Red or green food coloring
- Round clothespins
- Cut butter into flour until completely mixed. Add sour cream. Mix by hand well. Roll into two balls and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out each ball on floured surface and cut into strips, about 1/2” wide.
- For filling, heat milk in saucepan and add flour mixing well. Cook until mixture pulls away from pan, cool.
- After they have cooled, carefully pull cookies off of clothespins.
- Beat Crisco, margarine, sugar and vanilla. Add cooled mixture to this mixture and beat until creamy. Add food coloring if desired.
- Cool for several hours before filling cookies. Pipe into cookies and dust with powdered sugar. Makes 4 dozen.