Submitted by: Emily Elder, Norris Electric Cooperative
Coconut Crunch Cookie Mix
Servings 36 cookies
- 1 c. cornflakes crushed
- 1/2 c. rolled oats quick cooking
- 1-1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 3/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1-1/4 c. flaked coconut
- 1/2 c. pecans or hazelnuts chopped
- In a large mouth quart jar, layer granulated sugar, nuts, coconut and crushed cornflakes and press down to compact.
- Add brown sugar and press down, then add oats.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to jar.
- Fasten lid; attach below directions for making cookies to jar.
- To make cookies: preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, stir together contents of jar. Add 1/2 c. softened butter, 1 lightly beaten egg and 1 t. vanilla. Mix until well combined. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until edges are light brown. Cool 2 minutes and transfer cookies to wire rack and let cool. Makes 36 cookies.