Submitted by: Brenda McCoy, Norris Electric Cooperative
Servings 15 cups
- 18 oz. box old-fashioned oats
- 8 oz. sliced almonds
- 1 c. dried apricots chopped
- 1 c. dried cranberries or cherries
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 sticks (12 T.) unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, almonds, apricots, cranberries (or cherries) and brown sugar.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in honey, cinnamon and salt. Pour over oat mixture and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Spread granola onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until oats are toasted and sugar begins to caramelize, approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container. Yield: 15 cups.