Submitted by Sarah Cannon, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
Corn and Black Bean Salad
- 2 c. fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1-15 oz. can Black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 lg. tomatoes chopped or 1-14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 sweet onion chopped
- 1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 T. White vinegar
- 2 T. canola oil
- 2 t. Lime Juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/4 t. ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir before serving.
Can also be served as a salsa with corn chips.