One of my favorite times of the year is Thanksgiving. I love the savory scents of sage and rosemary as the stuffing is made, the sweet aromas of pumpkin and apple pies as they bake, and the yeasty smell of freshly baked dinner rolls. My mouth is watering already!
Everyone has foods they hope to see on the table and, in my case, I look for a new recipe for everyone to try. The recipes this month include a couple of family favorites, but most just sounded too good not to include. I’m always looking for a different spin on an old favorite, and my taste testers enjoyed every one.
Cranberry Margarita Molded Salad
- 1 -16 oz. pkg. wild strawberry Jello
- 1-1/2 c. boiling water
- 1 -16 oz. can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 8 oz. container frozen sliced sweetened strawberries thawed slightly
- 1 - 10 oz. can frozen margarita mix thawed
- Spray a 6-cup mold with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Jello with boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Place cranberry sauce in a small bowl and beat with a fork until smooth. Stir into gelatin mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into mold and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until time to serve.
- When ready to serve, dip bottom of mold in warm water for a few seconds until gelatin loosens.
- Place serving plate on top of mold and invert onto plate. Serve.