Submitted by: Joan Blindt, McDonough Power Cooperative
- 2 cups cranberries washed and sorted
- 2 small packages cherry Jell-O
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 small or one large apples cored and chunked not peeled
- 1/2 navel orange chunked, do not remove peel
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Prepare Jell-O in 1 cup boiling water, allow to cool; set aside.
- Process all fruits in food processor, medium chopped, not fine.
- Pour into large prep bowl. Add sugar, Jell-O, celery and walnuts to fruits. Pour into desired mold or glass bowl.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight. May garnish with mint sprigs, whole cranberries and twisted orange slices.
- Note: Our Blindt ancestors prepared this every Thanksgiving, and we continue to carry on the tradition.
Nutrition information: 156 calories; 3.8g fat; 8mg sodium; 25.3g carbohydrates; 1.8g protein.