Cooking with Style: Beauty and the Feast
Who: Cancer benefit for fellow stylist’s daughter
Cost: $14 for one, $20 for two includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 109
Send checks to: Linda Hogan, 1043 Newport Rd., West Frankfort, IL 62896 or call 618-218-2428.
Cream of Cauliflower and Cheese Soup
- 1 lb. fresh cauliflower
- 1- 8 oz. pkg. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. butter
- 1 c. flour sifted
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 1 qt. half and half
- 1 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. white pepper
- Clean and cut cauliflower into ½-inch pieces. Steam in ½ c. water until tender. Do not drain. Set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add flour to make a roux. Cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock stirring with whisk and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low.
- Add cauliflower, cheese, half and half, salt and pepper. Heat but do not boil. Makes 8 servings.