Creamy Corn Pasta
Submitted by Roxana Michel, Norris Electric Cooperative, and adapted from “Practically Vegan” by Nisha Melvani
- 16 ounces dry pasta any kind
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked 30 minutes in hot water, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Cook pasta, and reserve 2 cups of the pasta water.
- In a high-speed blender, blend cashews, 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Place butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, add the corn to the melted butter and cook for 8 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, thyme, garlic powder and smoked paprika, and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in cashew cream and reserved pasta water. Cook on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and cook for 3 more minutes until the pasta is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition information: 891 calories; 14.8g fat; 200mg salt; 158.6g carbohydrates; 33g protein.