Tastes like chicken!
Popular and versatile, chicken is a low-fat alternative to red meat. It can be found in a multitude of cuisines, takes well to a variety of spices and is economical. Readers submitted their favorite chicken recipes and we supplemented with a few favorites of our own.
Crockpot Continental Chicken
Submitted by: JoAnn Lynch, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
- 6-8 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 6-8 slices bacon
- 1 package Buddig beef
- 1 10-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- Arrange beef in bottom of greased crockpot.
- Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of bacon and lay on top of beef.
- Mix sour cream and flour. Add soup and stir together; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or 3-4 hours on high. Serve over hot buttered noodles.
Nutrition information: 359 calories; 23.1g fat; 814mg sodium; 6.7g carbohydates; 31.8g protein.