Who: Pulaski-Alexander County Extension
Cost: $8 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 245
Send checks to: Amy Kerr,
52 Wessenberg Rd., Villa Ridge, IL 62996
or call 618-697-1476.
Make checks payable to HCE.
Danish Pork Chops
- 6 center cut pork chops well trimmed
- 2 med. potatoes peeled and quartered
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- dash pepper
- 1 C. apple coarsely chopped
- 1 T. lemon juice
- In a large, heavy, non-stick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides.
- Drain off any fat.
- Add potatoes, bouillon cubes, salt, curry powder, pepper and 2 C. water.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until pork chops are almost tender.
- Add apples and lemon juice; simmer 15 minutes more.