Dorothy’s Irish Supper Cake
Submitted by: Valerie Cheatham
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In medium bowl, cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into batter alternately with milk. If batter is too stiff, add a tablespoon or more of milk.
- Spread batter evenly into cake pan. Bake 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar and cinnamon. Remove cake from pan onto serving plate. Using a sifter, dust with sugar/cinnamon mixture and serve. It’s great warm with butter.
Nutrition information: 309 calories; 13g fat; 253mg sodium; 46.4g carbohydrates; 3.6g protein.