Grace United Methodist Church Cookbook
Who: Grace United Methodist Women
Cost: $20 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 138
Send checks to: Grace United Methodist Women c/o
Grace United Methodist Church, 220 N. Tower Road, Carbondale, IL 62901
Double Good Blueberry Pie
- 1 Baked 9-inch pie shell
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/8 t. Salt
- 1/4 c. Water
- 4 c. blueberries
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T. Lemon juice
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in saucepan.
- Add water and 2 cups blueberries. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil, and is thick and clear. Mixture should be quite thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon juice.
- Cool, place remainder of blueberries in pie shell. Top with cooked berry mixture.
- Chill and serve garnished with whipped cream.