Feeding the Arts
Who: Galena Center for the Arts
Cost: $23.49 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 131
Send checks to: Galena Center for the Arts, 219 Summit Street, Galena, IL 61036
or call 779-214-0261
- 3-4 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 25 fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 2-3 T. olive oil
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1/2 baguette cut into 12 slices
- 4 lg. garlic cloves peeled and cut in half
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil or more as desired
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese or more as desired
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil and salt. Toss gently and let sit for at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Place bread slices on a sheet pan and place under broiler, or place bread directly on grill. Char on one side, flip and char other side, watching carefully.
- Rub toasts with fresh garlic and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place toast on a serving tray and top with a spoonful of tomato mixture. Garnish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.