An apple a day
We don’t know that eating an apple a day keeps the doctor away, as the old adage goes, but apples are delicious and have many health benefits. Illinois is home to numerous apple orchards, from north to south and all points in between, and fall is the perfect time to visit one of them. At some orchards, you can even pick your own. When you do, be sure to grab some extras to try some of these delicious recipes. The warm aromas of apples and cinnamon will fill your home with the fragrances of fall.
Easiest Sausage Apple Supper
- 1 package (10) brown and serve sausage links
- 2 apples sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In skillet, brown sausage links.
- When just browned, add apple slices and saute until soft and barely browned.
- Top with a bit of maple syrup, if desired, and serve.
- This is easy to multiply for bigger families. Serve with a salad and toast with apple butter.