One of my favorite times of the year is Thanksgiving. I love the savory scents of sage and rosemary as the stuffing is made, the sweet aromas of pumpkin and apple pies as they bake, and the yeasty smell of freshly baked dinner rolls. My mouth is watering already!
Everyone has foods they hope to see on the table and, in my case, I look for a new recipe for everyone to try. The recipes this month include a couple of family favorites, but most just sounded too good not to include. I’m always looking for a different spin on an old favorite, and my taste testers enjoyed every one.
Easy Pumpkin Cream Pie
- 1 - 6 serving size pkg. Jello cook and serve vanilla pudding
- 3 T. sugar
- 1 t. Pumpkin Pie spice
- 1 - 13 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 c. canned pumpkin
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell cooled or graham cracker crust
- Combine first 6 ingredients in saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full bubbling boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- Pour into pie shell, and chill 4 hours.
- Garnish with Cool Whip or whipped cream and chopped nuts.