Submitted by Amy Lingle, SouthEastern Illinois Electric Cooperative
Feta Cucumber Salad
- 2 medium to large cucumbers
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/4 c. Green onions chopped
- 1 c. (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 T. Lemon juice
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/8-1/4 t. ground pepper
- Peel cucumbers and cut in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds and cut into pieces (about 1/2 inch).
- Put cucumbers in bowl, add salt and toss to coat. Add onion and set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine feta cheese, lemon juice, oil and pepper.
- Drain cucumbers and add to cheese mixture.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.