Fresh Fruit Cobbler
Submitted by: Arlene Martell, Illinois Electric Cooperative
- 6 cups sliced fruit my favorite is 2 cups each blueberries, peaches and cherries
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Pour fruit in 9x13-inch baking dish. Cream together 1-1/2 cups sugar and 6 tablespoons butter. Add milk, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix and pour over fruit. Mix 1 cup sugar with cornstarch. Sprinkle over batter.
- Dot with butter. Pour boiling water over all. Bake 1 hour or until golden brown. Other suggested fruits are peaches, apples, apricots or raspberries.
Nutrition information: 313 calories; 8.5g fat; 163mg sodium; 58.7g carbohydrates; 3.4g protein.