This month we thought you might enjoy recipes from Alabama Living’s recently released cookbook – the best of Alabama Living. Two of the recipes give you ideas of what to do with those green tomatoes still hanging on the vine.
We can’t wait to try these recipes and we think you’ll agree.
You can order a copy of the cookbook by going to the website: http://register.areapower.coop/cookbook or by sending a check for $19.95 (includes shipping) per cookbook, with name, address, city, state, zip and email address to:
Alabama Living Cookbook
P.O. Box 244014
Montgomery, AL 36124
Fried Green Tomato Sandwich
- 4 medium green tomatoes
- 8 slices Bacon
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- ranch dressing
- vegetable oil
- 8 slices ciabatta bread
- Slice green tomatoes 1/4-inch thick. Salt and pepper each side. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Fry bacon, drain and break slices in half.
- Coat green tomato slices in flour. Fry in vegetable oil until golden brown on each side.
- Place fried green tomato slices on slice of toasted ciabatta bread. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese and strips of bacon.
- Coat top slice of bread with ranch dressing. Place on top, dressing side down. Makes 4 sandwiches.