200 Years of Home Cooking
Who: West Eden United Methodist Church
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: soft-back, comb bound
Pages of Recipes: 199
Send checks to: West Eden UMC, c/o James Anderson, 2740 West Eden Rd., Cypress, IL 62923 or call 618-634-9508
Italian Sausage with Bow Ties
- 1- 16 oz. pkg. bow tie pasta
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 c. onion chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tspl crushed red pepper flakes
- 2- 14.5 oz. cans Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 c. heavy whipping creama
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Dried basil
- shredded parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onion and pepper flakes over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer; drain.
- Drain and chop the tomatoes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream, salt and basil. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 6-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture. Garnish with Parmesan.