Family & Friends Cook
Who: The Workshop, serving individuals with disabilities
Cost: $20 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 380
Send checks to: The Workshop, 706 S. West St., Galena, IL 61036
or call 815-777-2211
Key Lime Cupcakes
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 box (4 serv. size) lime-flavored gelatin
- 1/3 c. oil
- 2-3 drops green food color if desired
- 3/4 c. water
- 1/3 c. Key lime juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 to 2-1/2 T. Key lime juice
- 1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine softened
- 3-1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Grated lime peel if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place paper baking cups in each of 24 regular size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cupcake ingredients with electric mixer according to box directions.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake 19-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack. With toothpick or wooden skewer, pierce tops of cupcakes in several places.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle and spread glaze over cupcakes.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. On low speed, beat in vanilla and 3-1/2 c. powdered sugar until mixed; beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes, mounding and swirling frosting in center. Garnish with lime peel.
- Store covered in refrigerator.