Feeding the Arts
Who: Galena Center for the Arts
Cost: $23.49 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 131
Send checks to: Galena Center for the Arts, 219 Summit Street, Galena, IL 61036
or call 779-214-0261
Liz’s Cherry Shortbread Cookies
- 1 c. butter
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c flour
- 24 cherries from a can of cherry pie filling
- 1/2 c. white chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the butter, vanilla and sugar together. Stir in the flour to make a stiff dough.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and make an indentation in the center. Add a cherry from the pie filling in the center of each cookie.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Cool.
- Melt white chips and drizzle over cookies. Makes 24 cookies.