Cooking with Style: Beauty and the Feast
Who: Cancer benefit for fellow stylist’s daughter
Cost: $14 for one, $20 for two includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 109
Send checks to: Linda Hogan, 1043 Newport Rd., West Frankfort, IL 62896 or call 618-218-2428.
- 2-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 sm. onion chopped
- 1 Green pepper chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 sleeves saltines finely crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sm. can tomato paste
- 1 t. oregano
- 1 t. basil
- carrots cut into slices
- potatoes peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 sm. cans Tomato sauce
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. parsley flakes
- 3 T. sugar
- Mix first 9 ingredients together and blend well. Form loaf and put in roaster pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Drain grease.
- Add potatoes and carrots, salt and pepper to taste. Mix sauce ingredients and pour over meat and vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until vegetables are done.