A Little Taste of Heaven
Who: Havana Church of Christ
Cost: $16 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 134
Send checks to: Havana Church of Christ, Cookbook, 350 S. Broadway, Havana, IL 62655 or call 309-363-9001.
Oven Roasted Sausage & Potatoes
- 1 pkg. Smoked sausage sliced into rounds
- 1 lg. onion peeled and chopped
- 5 lg. potatoes peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 T. olive oil
- fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- sweet paprika
- dried thyme
- 1 c. sharp Cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet (with sides) with several sheets of foil and drizzle with a bit of oil. Spread the oil out over the pan. Set aside.
- Put the sausage rounds, onions and potatoes into a large bowl. Drizzle with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and season to taste with salt, pepper, paprika and dried thyme. Toss together until everything is evenly distributed.
- Pour out onto the baking tray and spread it out evenly. Place into heated oven and roast for 45 – 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown and tender.
- Turn off the oven. Sprinkle the cheese over the meat and potatoes. Return to oven for a few minutes to melt cheese. Serve immediately.