A Little Taste of Heaven
Who: Havana Church of Christ
Cost: $16 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 134
Send checks to: Havana Church of Christ, Cookbook, 350 S. Broadway, Havana, IL 62655 or call 309-363-9001.
Cranberry Scones and Clotted Cream
- 2 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 stick butter not margarine
- 1 c. dried cranberries currents or blueberries
- 1 T. sugar
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- Coarse sugar to garnish
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 4 oz. Cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet or use parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Work the butter into dry ingredients using a pastry blender until butter is the size of small peas. The food processor also works well for this.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing until they are just moistened.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gather into a ball.
- Pat into a circle 3/4 inch thick; cut into 8 wedges. Place on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- For clotted cream, beat together all ingredients until well blended and refrigerate until ready to use. Serve with scones.