Thoughts of red roses, cards filled with undying love, sparkling wine and large heart-shaped boxes full of chocolates – it must be time for Valentine’s Day! According to The Nielsen Company, more than 58 million pounds of chocolate candy will be sold during Valentine’s week. That’s a lot of chocolate!
It only made sense for Finest Cooking to feature chocolate in February. We won’t debate whether white chocolate truly is chocolate, we just know it’s delicious. Here at Illinois Country Living, we enjoyed sampling these sweet treats. There is something for everyone and we hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
Fruit and Nut Bark
- 1/2 c. whole shelled salted pistachios or favorite nut
- 16 oz. white chocolate not almond bark finely chopped
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/4 c. dried apricots diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put nuts on a sheet pan in one layer and bake for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Melt white chocolate in a glass bowl in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir and return to microwave for 30-second intervals until chocolate is just melted.
- Spread the melted chocolate on parchment paper in a rectangle.
- Sprinkle with the nuts and fruit and lightly press them so they set in the chocolate.
- Set aside to cool until firm or put in refrigerator.
- Cut or break the bark into pieces and serve at room temperature.