Finest Cooking Holiday Recipe Contest
Submitted by: Malena Gillespey, Shelby Electric Cooperative
Papa’s Bread Pudding
Moist and the taste of holiday and home cooking. My dad’s favorite bread pudding he said he has had anywhere. My old customers said it was delicious!
- 1 lb. loaf Raisin cinnamon bread
- 1 qt. whole milk
- 3 lg. eggs slightly beaten
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 3 T. vanilla
- 1 t. ground nutmeg plus 1/4 t. to sprinkle on top
- 3 T. unsalted butter melted
- Tear bread into medium size pieces into large mixing bowl. Add milk and allow to soak into bread for ten minutes until moistened, use fingers to get milk absorbed into mixture.
- Melt butter in microwave for 30 seconds and allow to cool.
- In separate medium bowl, add eggs, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and butter. Stir thoroughly into bread mixture.
- Pour into greased 13x9x2 baking pan sprinkle 1/4 t. nutmeg over top before placing in oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until butter knife inserted in center comes out clean.