“KISS” (Keep It Simple Sista!) the Cook
Who: Residents of Aviston, Ill. for Sesquicentennial
Cost: $20 includes shipping
Details: hard-backed, comb bound Pages of recipes: 218
Send checks to: Marilyn Rakers,
601 E. 4th St., Aviston, IL 62216 or call 618-228-7504
Pasta and Broccoli
- 1 lb. pasta shells
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 5 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 qt. half and half
- 1 lb. frozen or fresh cooked broccoli cuts
- 1-1/2 c. parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta.
- Place half and half, butter, garlic and mushrooms in a saucepan and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and bring to low boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and add sauce.
- Bring to a boil and cook until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese gradually to obtain smooth consistency.