Who: Family Matters Parent Training and Information Center
Cost: $12.50 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 169 Send checks to: Family Matters, c/o Nancy Mader,
1901 S. 4th St., Suite 209, Effingham, IL 62401 or call 866-436-7842.
- Good olive oil
- 6 c. French bread cut into 1 inch cubes
- Kosher Salt
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 red onion sliced in half rounds
- 1/2 lb. feta cheese cut into 1/3 inch cubes
- 1/2 c. Kalamata olives pitted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. good red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. good olive oil
- Heat 3 T. olive oil in saute’ pan.
- Add the bread cubes and sprinkle with salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 5-10 minutes until nicely browned. Add more olive oil as needed.
- Place cucumber, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. While still whisking, add the olive oil until completely blended. Pour over the vegetables.
- Add the feta, olives and bread cubes and mix together lightly. Set aside for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature.