Heavenly Recipes Cookbook
Who: St. Kateri Tekakwitha Parish Altar Society
Cost: $25 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 204
Send checks to: Dora Drone
Howerton, P.O. Box 117, Ridgway, IL 62979
or call 618-272-7343
- 66 vanilla wafers divided
- 1-1/4 c. granulated sugar divided
- 1/4 c. butter melted
- 3- 8 oz. pkgs. Cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 25 caramels
- 3 T. milk
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans toasted
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Crush 50 wafers finely; mix with 1/4 c. sugar and butter. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Stand remaining wafers around edge, pressing gently into crust to secure.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Run small knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Microwave caramels and milk on high 1 minute or until caramels are completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool slightly. Pour over cheesecake and top with toasted pecans.