High in protein and low in calories, eggs are an excellent and inexpensive choice when it comes to feeding your family. Packed with 6 grams of protein and only 70 calories, they provide a variety of essential vitamins and minerals. Once mainly considered a breakfast food, eggs today can be found topping burgers and even pizzas. A great way to use up leftover meat or vegetables is making burritos. Just heat up those leftovers, add some beaten eggs and scramble. Put the mixture in a warmed flour tortilla with a bit of cheese and salsa and you’ve a quick snack or dinner on the go.
Scrambled Eggs with Goat Cheese
- 16 extra-large eggs beaten
- 1-1/4 c. milk or half and half
- 1-1/2 t. Kosher Salt
- 3/4 t. pepper
- 4 T. butter divided
- 6 oz. goat cheese crumbled
- 2 T. minced chives
- Whisk eggs with milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 T. butter, add eggs and cook to desired doneness.
- Off the heat, add goat cheese, chives and remaining butter.
- Stir and allow to set for 30 second. Serves 6.