American Legion Auxiliary Cookbook
Who: Metropolis American Legion Auxiliary
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes:131
Send checks to: Peggy Mitchell, American Legion Auxiliary, 321 Market St., Metropolis, IL 62960 or call 618-524-2043
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 c. onion chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 env. Au jus beef gravy mix prepared as directed with half the water
- 3 c. mashed potatoes mash with 1/2 c. butter, 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese shredded
- Saute’ beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; break meat in small pieces.
- Drain and add 3/4 c. gravy to meat.
- In 2 to 3 quart casserole; spread meat evenly; cover meat with prepared mashed potatoes; cover potatoes with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.