Recipes & Remembrances
Who: Good Samaritan Society Mount Carroll
Cost: $20 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 209
Send checks to: Good Samaritan Society-Mount Carroll,
c/o Anna Gray, 1006 N. Lowden Rd., Mount Carroll, IL 61053
or call 815-244-7715.
Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 lg. chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 – 6 oz. can Tomato sauce
- 1 t. Salt
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 – 8 oz. pkg. no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 c. 16 oz. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ c. 12 oz. cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Spread one-fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5 qt. slow cooker.
- Arrange one-third of the noodles over sauce (break noodles if necessary to fit).
- Combine cheese; spoon one-third of the mixture over noodles.
- Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.