St. Paul Lutheran Church Cookbook
Who: St. Paul Lutheran Church
Cost: $18.80 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 205
Send checks to: St. Paul Lutheran Church,
Attn: Nina Hubert, 116 N. Thomas St., Gilman, IL 60938
or call 815-265-4837.
Servings 9 cups
- 4 T. canola oil
- 2 T. Lemon juice
- 1-1/2 t. seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1-1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. paprika
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper
- 1-1/2 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1/2 med. red bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 med. green bell pepper julienned
- 4 Green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 T. oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add chicken strips, seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- Sauté peppers and onions in remaining 2 T. oil in a large skillet until crisp tender. Remove from skillet and set aside. Discard marinade.
- Cook chicken in skillet over medium high heat 5-6 minutes until no longer pink.
- Return peppers and onions to skillet and heat through.
- Serve with tortillas and toppings. Yield: 9 cups.