Volumes 2, 3 and 4
Who: Chester High School Music Dept.
Cost: $7.50 each, includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: varies
Send checks to: Vicky Beers, Chester Music Patrons, 711 Palestine Rd., Chester, IL 62233,
or call 618-615-2708.
Smoked Sausage and Bean Soup
- 1 med. onion finely chopped
- 1 - 15 oz. can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 t. garlic minced
- 1 t. instant beef bouillon granules
- 1 T. margarine or butter
- 2 c. chopped cabbage
- 6 c. Water
- 2 med potatoes chopped (2 cups)
- 16 oz. fully cooked turkey smoked sausage sliced
- 1/4 c. tomato paste or ketchup
- 3 T. Vinegar
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, cook the onion and garlic in margarine or butter until tender, but not brown.
- Add the water, potatoes, sausage, beans and bouillon granules. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, tomato paste or ketchup and vinegar. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes more.
- Makes 6 main dish servings.