Volumes 2, 3 and 4
Who: Chester High School Music Dept.
Cost: $7.50 each, includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: varies
Send checks to: Vicky Beers, Chester Music Patrons, 711 Palestine Rd., Chester, IL 62233,
or call 618-615-2708.
Chicken and Brown Rice Soup
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and chopped into pieces
- 6 - 8 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. sliced carrots
- 1-1/2 c. brown rice (uncooked)
- 1 T. canola oil
- 4 sprigs dried thyme
- 3 stalks Celery chopped
- 1 lg. Yellow onion diced
- 1/4 t. salt and pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 t. dried parsley
- Saute’ celery, carrots and onion in canola oil until softened.
- Add seasonings and brown rice over medium heat until rice starts to toast.
- Put this mixture in a soup pot with chicken, broth and enough water to make sure everything is covered with an inch of liquid to spare.
- Bring to a boil and decrease heat to simmer. Cover and let simmer for approximately 40 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.