Spicy Peanut Chicken
Recipe from tablefortwoblog.com
- 1/2 c. natural peanut butter
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2-3 t. sambal oelek or Sriracha
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 T. Water
- Splash milk
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 2 lg. red bell peppers sliced
- 1-1/4 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped peanuts optional for topping
- chopped green onions optional for toppiing
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together ingredients for the sauce.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot then add bell peppers. Cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook through, about 7-10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce on top and toss to coat. Let simmer.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, then stir until evenly distributed.
- Serve over white rice and top with chopped peanuts and green onions, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 536 calories; 28g fat; 573.5mg sodium; 29.2g carbohydrates; 44.1g protein.