A Taste of Oakhill Vegan/Vegetarian
Who: Oakhill Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Cost: $18 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 91
Send checks to: Oakhill Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Attn: Leah Clubb,
1400 Mule Road, Columbia, IL 62236 or call 618-540-3957.
Spinach, Corn & Potato Enchiladas
- 2 lg. baking potatoes
- 1/2 c. corn kernels
- 1 lg. red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 yellow onion coarsely chopped
- 10 oz. fresh spinach leaves thinly sliced
- 1-28 oz. can enchilada sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/3 lb. cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until tender. Let cool completely, then dice and set aside.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, corn, bell pepper, onion and spinach. Add 1 cup of the enchilada sauce and mix well. Place over medium heat, cover tightly and cook until the spinach is wilted, 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce into a 13x9 inch baking dish. The sauce should just cover the bottom.
- In a wide frying pan, over medium heat, warm the remaining enchilada sauce.
- One at a time, dip each tortilla into the warm sauce, allowing it to warm just enough to be pliable.
- Then, place it in the prepared baking dish and spoon about one-twelfth of the potato mixture along its center. Roll it up and arrange it in the dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- The dish should be tightly packed. Pour any remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Bake until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 20-25 minutes.