Submitted by Shelia Moffitt,
Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
This month’s recipes focus on low carb/diabetic-friendly selections. They may be low in carbohydrates, but certainly do not lack in flavor. Whether you are trying to eat fewer carbs to lose weight or want to eat healthier, give these a try.
Sugarless Pineapple Pie
- 8 oz. reduced fat sour cream
- 1 sm. can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 sm. instant sugar free vanilla pudding dry
- 1 baked pie shell or graham cracker crust
- Mix sour cream, crushed pineapple and dry pudding mix together.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Top with fat free whipped topping if desired.