This month we thought you might enjoy recipes from Alabama Living’s recently released cookbook – the best of Alabama Living. Two of the recipes give you ideas of what to do with those green tomatoes still hanging on the vine.
We can’t wait to try these recipes and we think you’ll agree.
You can order a copy of the cookbook by going to the website: http://register.areapower.coop/cookbook or by sending a check for $19.95 (includes shipping) per cookbook, with name, address, city, state, zip and email address to:
Alabama Living Cookbook
P.O. Box 244014
Montgomery, AL 36124
Summer Supper Salad
- 2-1/2 to 3 lbs. Red potatoes
- 1 c. Mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese cubed
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese cubed
- 2 c. fully cooked ham diced
- 1 -8 oz. can green peas, drained (or use frozen and thawed)
- 1-1/2 c. Grape tomatoes halved
- 1 c. Green onions sliced
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1/4 c. Fresh parsley minced (optional)
- Cook potatoes until tender; drain and cool.
- In the meantime, in a large salad bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Cut potatoes into cubes.
- Add to mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- This recipe makes 16-20 servings. It’s also great for picnics, potlucks and outdoor entertaining.