Tropical Frozen Dessert
Submitted by Curt and Sarah Cannon, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
- 1 sleeve graham crackers crushed
- 1/2 cup margarine softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 gallon pineapple sherbet
- 1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges drained
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 or 2 mashed bananas
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, margarine, and nuts. Spread the crust in a 9 x 13 pan. Refrigerate.
- Allow the sherbet to melt enough to combine with other ingredients. In a large bowl combine sherbet, oranges, extract, and bananas.
- Pour over the crust and freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.