Yellow Squash Bundt Cake
Submitted by: Janice Aldridge, SouthEastern Illinois Electric Cooperative
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 - 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated yellow squash
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 10-cup Bundt pan with baking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Place eggs, sugar and oil in bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until light and airy, about 3 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Stir in squash, lemon zest and lemon juice. Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low until combined, about 45 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan then invert onto wire rack and cool 1 hour.
- For glaze, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Nutrition information: 401 calories; 19.7g fat; 173mg sodium; 53.8g carbohydrates; 4.1g protein.